We are rebranding as ScotGrad!
This summer, our Graduate Placement Programme will be rebranded as ScotGrad. In addition to the placements we currently offer university graduates, we will also extend placements to HNC/HND graduates. Watch for our new logo and website shortly - and we'll keep you updated about launch dates.
Graduate Placement Programme
Our graduate placement programme can offer an opportunity to work on a short-term project with an established business or social enterprise.
View our graduate placement vacancies
Organisations of all sizes participate and you receive a minimum salary of £16,000 (pro rata) whilst on your placement.
Participating businesses are dynamic, growth-oriented and located across Scotland, within the private and voluntary sectors. Projects last from three months to one year and must be quantifiable and measureable.
Graduate placement projects
Projects can cross a range of disciplines including
- New product design and development or product adaption for overseas markets
- New process development and implementation
- Strategic marketing, target marketing and market research
- Targeting new international markets
- Exporting and increased international participation
- More effective use of ICT and e-business to improve business performance
- Improved environmental management to achieve business benefits
- Developing effective human resource policies
For placements of more than three months, you will also receive a minimum of two days off-site training, specifically designed to develop additional innovation and business skills.
Who is the programme open to?
The programme is open to all graduates who
- Have graduated at degree or postgraduate level from a higher education institution within the past four years
- Are not currently studying full time
- Have no more than one year’s relevant (graduate level) work experience since their last graduation
- Have up-to-date visa documentation that covers the full length of the placement - international graduates only. This can include a Post Study Work Visa (Tier 1) that you already hold, or remaining time in Tier 4 if you have formally finished your course of study. Please contact the Relocation Advisory Service for more information and advice.
- Have good English language skills appropriate to a business environment
If you meet these criteria and have the skills for the job, you can apply.
How do I apply?
Visit our placement page to view and apply online for graduate placement opportunities
If you have any questions about the Graduate Placement Programme email the TalentScotland Graduate Placements team
For enquiries regarding placements in the Highlands and Islands region please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01463 244 332