A Mechanical Design Engineer is required for a full time position to work for one of the UK's most innovative young companies, in the development and production of systems for small and miniature satellites.
Responsibilities will include:
- Mechanical design of all new products;
- Design support to electronic and electrical engineering team;
- Development of concepts for future systems/products (including producing images/ models for business development purposes);
- Mechanical qualification and acceptance testing of hardware products.
- Track record of delivering effective mechanical designs;
- Ability to produce detailed engineering drawings to an appropriate standard for manufacture using 3D CAD tools;
- Ability to verify designs with calculation and analysis;
- Able to work productively in an inter-disciplinary design team;
- Educated to Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant subject area.
- Experienced in the use of SolidWorks to produce both 3D models and 2D engineering drawings;
- Experience of designing small mechanisms and/or integration of electronic products into mechanical design;
- Experience of design for harsh environments (e.g. vibration, extremes of temperature);
- Experience of design verification and analysis using finite element methods.
The candidate should be at a level of competence to enable support to our projects from day one.
This position is available to fill immediately. Applicants are encouraged to reply promptly as interviews will start immediately.
To apply please send CV's with a covering letter.
Closing date for applications is 4th July 2012.
6% Non-Contributory Pension + other benefits.
to view the employer's profile and apply
If you are already registered