We require a UI designer with experience of designing interfaces for mobile applications to join our team of developers.
Working with the developer team, you will help define the user interface for our mobile applications development, quickly iterating through concepts, prototypes and visuals for the developers to turn the designs into running code.
- Understand the user experience required by the users of the application
- Understand the features and functions of the application
- Understand how these features express themselves in the UI
- Produce User Interface designs sketches/examples for the mobile application
- Iterate through these designs and perhaps produce variations of certain areas
- Produce screens for the developer to code from
- Explain the features and behaviour on the screens
- Decompose the screens and produce the graphics assets for the developers
Skills / Experience
The following experience is required for this role:
Be able to provide examples of mobile application interfaces designed
Must have an understanding of mobile UI best-practices
Ability to work and communicate with other design functions and developers
Have commercial hands-on experience in interface design
Must possess portfolio of original mobile user-interface design work obvious interface design experience
Should have experience of UI asset creation for mobile devices
Experience with a design packages such as Adobe PhotoShop, InDesign, Fireworks etc
You must be a UI designer with strong experience designing interfaces for native mobile applications (UI design experience with mobile websites may also be considered).
It is essential that the successful candidate can demonstrate a portfolio of specific applications where they have designed the UI. Ideally in previous projects you will have worked in a UX team and produced UI designs and visual assets for developers to then implement.
This is a permanent full time position. We are an innovative technology company and you would be joining at an exciting stage of our growth working on a number of different projects for our client base. As a relatively small company you will not be just a cog in a big wheel but an individual whose contribution and input really counts. We are centrally located in Edinburgh city (West End).
Please note: We are unable to provide any financial assistance at this time towards any relocation costs incurred. You must have the right to live and work in the UK (evidence required)
to view the employer's profile and apply
If you are already registered