We are seeking an internal auditor for our team in Glasgow. You will participate in Internal Audits of the Institutional Securities Group, covering mainly Operations functions and Corporate audits, covering Finance and other central functions and may also be involved remotely in other global or regional audits.
The candidate will assist in completing the department’s annual audit plan, communicating to senior management and the Board Audit Committee those areas requiring control enhancements and providing recommendations for improvements.
We are an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fair treatment, regardless of background.
Reporting to a Portfolio Manager, the candidate will participate in integrated financial and technology audits. This includes:
- Evaluation of inherent risk categories and performing risk assessments at audit entity and at a process level.
- Help in the preparation of the audit planning memorandum including identifying and evaluating key risks, setting audit scope, determining budgets and staff assignments.
- Understanding the activities life-cycle of events.
- Participate in audit walkthroughs, assessing the internal control environment and performing controls and substantive testing.
- Properly assess potential findings for significance.
- Assist in drafting audit reports including writing clear and concise findings and recommendations.
- Manage workload to meet budgets and the time frame for completing audits.
- Following up actions quarterly with clients through to completion.
- Articulate clearly to, and develop relationships with, audit clients.
- University degree (or equivalent) required.
- Qualified accountant holding a professional accounting or auditing qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, IIA) or international equivalent strongly preferred.
- Experience in financial services with a preference for those with experience of auditing capital market activities.
- Good knowledge of basic financial instruments and products.
- Strong analytical skills. Able to process information quickly.
- Bright, motivated and good interpersonal and communication skills.
to view the employer's profile and apply
If you are already registered