Operational Risk & Control in Glasgow are looking to recruit a confident and ambitious Director to own and deploy a risk management and training framework.
These broad reaching frameworks cover multiple products, regulatory requirements and global functions and will require confidence in presenting critical data to senior management, an ability to work effectively and accurately across multiple functions and an aptitude for consistently applying frameworks to complex, changing environments.
At the Director/Operations Specialist level, the role supports these aims across all associated FSA CASS Operations in EMEA and beyond. The Director would report to the VP head of Client Money operations in Glasgow and be part of a team of 10+ Client Money staff in EMEA.
- Breach Framework ownership and consistent deployment ? timely and accurate escalation, understanding, analysis and actions
- Start to finish process on DIR/RITA/RADAR and associated tools and templates
- Analysis on specific topics, such as root causes of incidents and/or correlation between various events
- Training Framework ownership and the tools and procedures to support this
- Supporting (and being supported by) the wider Client Money EMEA team as needed in project and ad hoc work where the inputs/outputs of the Breach and Training frameworks are applicable
The role will experience exposure to senior management in EMEA, regulatory and audit focus and the scope to build networks in EMEA operations, compliance, front office/BU and our colleagues in finance and IT. There is ample scope for growth and opportunity in the role as this critical area of Operations continues to receive local and global focus from Firm management and the regulators.
- Communication clear and timely
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Confidence in dealing with senior management and multiple stakeholder groups
- Ability to assimilate multiple sources of information and produce succinct, accurate summary
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships across a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Understand the principles of operational risk management and their application in an operations environment, including the principle tools of the operational risk framework ? DIR/RITA/RADAR
- Experience of dealing with complex regulatory issues and the CASS rules would be beneficial, but is not a pre-requisite of the role
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the business they support
- Understands what is important and prioritizes accordingly
- Ability to explain risk management and articulate their role in identifying and escalating risk issues
- Understands the importance of following defined procedures and completing the appropriate checklists
- Proactively escalates issues as they occur
- Does not compromise control to comply with clients requests
- Demonstrates an understanding of client's (internal & external) requirements
- Responds to client requests with accuracy and speed
- Takes personal responsibility for resolving client issues, is able to clearly escalate cause and resolution
- Demonstrates accountability for actions and errors
- Actively seeks opportunities / challenges broader than current scope of role
- Actively seeks out new opportunities for self development and career development
- Develops a full understanding of team?s performance metrics and how this can impact the wider business environment
- Helps to create a positive work environment that builds trust, finds innovative ways to improve team work
- Actively participates in team meetings, raising issues, questioning others and offering solutions/ideas
- Shows a willingness to help others in the team with tasks and issues
- Proactively ensures upward and peer communication of initiative, issues and successes
- Takes responsibility for their own personal goals and the delivery of the team's goals
The role is based in the Glasgow office, working EMEA business hours, and with some requirement for EMEA travel.
to view the employer's profile and apply
If you are already registered