This is a vital role for our company and an exciting role for those seeking to start or further a professional sales career.
We are a Communications Software Company providing performance-critical, very scalable, standards-based middleware components, sub-systems and tools.
Our Products and Services: are Used by Software engineers (systems integrators, OEM’s and independent software vendors), who typically build and deploy high quality-of-service (QoS), mission-critical, event-driven communications systems.
Our Market Focus: ‘Global 500’ customers in Telecom and Data Communications, Defense and Aerospace, Transportation and Vetronics, Financial Services, SCADA (Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition) and Utilities Systems.
Our Revenue Streams: Product licenses, maintenance and support, open source subscriptions and professional services.
We are currently looking for individuals with passion and enthusiasm to join our company in our Inside Sales team based in our offices in Stirling. Successful applicants will join our graduate training scheme which will give you support and encouragement during your career with our organisation.
Inside Sales has primary responsibility to converting OpenSplice product downloads and other sales enquiries into qualified leads and deals. This is a vital role for our company and an exciting role for those seeking to start or further a professional sales career.
OpenSplice DDS is fast becoming the global standard for real-time messaging used within some of the most demanding mission & business critical applications in military and industrial markets. Building on our sales success, this role is to further expand our team to meet growing customer demand.
- Inside salespersons report to the SVP, OpenSplice Business.
- Inside Salespersons are typically those with a Computer Science (or similar) background who relish the challenge of customer interaction.
- Technical (tele)sales experience would be ideal.
- A degree in Computer Science (or similar) would be advantageous although not essential.
- Comprehension & knowledge of modern software architectures, middleware, operating systems and/or networking software will be highly beneficial.
- Experience with the systems that support our business would be useful; namely salesforce.com.
- Promptly and professionally follow-up inbound sales enquiries (i.e. web download, search engine hit, e-mail, marketing event, phone call) from prospective and existing customers.
- Convert enquiries/leads in to orders predominately via telephone and/or e-mail interaction with our customers.
- Make effective, appropriate and timely use of the company’s talents to accelerate and/or intervene within an active sales opportunity.
- Convert enquiries/leads in to qualified sales opportunities for our field sales force (i.e. sales/account executives and those of our reseller partners).
- Proactively secure annual maintenance and subscription renewals from existing customers.
Interpersonal Skills & Qualities:
- The role demands sparkling verbal & written communication and disciplined task management skills.
- A friendly, approachable, courteous and upbeat manner.
- Proficiency in written business & technical English.
- Competence in other European and/or Asian languages would be beneficial.
- The role often demands self-motivation with limited supervision.
- Handling sensitive and often company/customer confidential information with appropriate discretion and maturity.
- No direct reports are envisaged for this role.
Critical Success Factors:
- The critical measure of success in this role is the (over-) achievement of sales targets.
- A secondary yet important measure is the achievement of service level targets with respect to lead processing and order handling.
- Gain the respect and trust of executive management and peers within the company.
- Whilst primarily office based, occasional travel to customer and/or other company sites should be anticipated.
If you think you would like to join us and become part of a dynamic, rapidly expanding, well respected company who can offer competitive packages, career development - AND the chance to travel!, please apply by sending your CV and covering letter.
Pension; Healthcare; OTE of @ £30,000 per annum
to view the employer's profile and apply
If you are already registered