If you’d like your salary paid for a year, business training to help you take your idea forward, a business development fund to help you get things moving and access to networks of mentors, business experts and professional advisers – then why not apply for the Enterprise Fellowship programme?
Get your technology business off to the best start
- Are you a researcher, post-graduate or recently graduated student with a business idea?
- Are you interested in developing a spin-out technology company based in Scotland around your ideas?
- Would you like to play a leading role in such a company?
Our success story speaks for itself – more than 70 per cent of Enterprise Fellows form successful businesses ranging from health and oestrus monitoring systems for dairy herds, to cleaning systems for the oil and gas industry, to a DNA vaccine platform based on bacteriaphages, to the development of a tidal energy turbine.
Reviews of the porfolio of Enterprise Fellows’ companies demonstrate that:
- They attract a high level of funding from private sector investors.
- The majority of companies are enjoying steady growth.
- Most companies are successful (our failure rate is very low).
The Enterprise Fellowships are hosted by Scottish Higher Education Institutions. You must secure the backing of a suitable host in preparation for any application.
Fellowships start: October 2012
Applicants should be working in (or have made arrangements to work in) a Host Institution and must intend, and be permitted, to continue working in Scotland on conclusion of the Fellowship. Evidence must be provided by the applicant, if not a UK citizen, that he/she is eligible, or likely to obtain permission, to remain and work in Scotland on conclusion of the Fellowship. The Enterprise Fellowships will be available to academic and research staff, postgraduates and graduates with relevant experience. Applicants must have the clear intent that any new company formed will be based in Scotland.
For more information on Visa's and Immigration please visit:
Starting a Business
to view the employer's profile and apply
If you are already registered