This is a wide ranging role within the Risk function, with responsibilities including: Investigating operating errors within the firm, including identifying and agreeing process improvements to prevent re-occurrence, and reviewing financial impact calculations.
Carrying out ad hoc analysis of risk information, including what if analysis and event modelling, as well as actively participating in the development of the risk framework for the firm. Supporting the Head of Framework in the management and development of the Risk Framework.
- Support the Framework Managers in the delivery of the Risk Framework requirements, including the Risk & Control Assessment process, administering responses in conjunction with Risk Business support.
- Meeting Group and Divisional Risk reporting requirements, including the Lloyds comprehensive Operational Risk Management Framework.
- Delivery of the Report on Internal Controls for the company.
Issues & Actions:
- Liaise with Internal Audit, Business Support and Risk Monitoring and Assurance and Fund Accounting to ensure all issues & actions assigned to the business are captured appropriately on the company's Risk's Issues & actions log.
- Administer the issue and action resolution process advising business owners of actions assigned to them, notifying business owners of upcoming actions, follow-up on actions as they fall due, escalate actions going overdue.
- In conjunction with Risk Business Support, conduct root cause analysis on risk events, identifying control weaknesses or failures (issues), reviewing compensation calculations.
- Identify process/control weaknesses (issues) and agree actions with the business, including owners and dates.
- To conduct analysis of risk event history to identify trends for investigation, process improvement or potential deep-dive reviews in conjunction with the Risk Monitoring and Assurance team.
- To record all risk events on the events log in a timely manner, ensuring standards of data quality are met and information is complete and accurate to facilitate trend analysis.
- Conduct ad hoc impact 'what if' impact analysis, using mathematical modelling techniques, as part of the cost-benefit analysis for control weakness remediation.
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Risk Framework and Framework Managers to enhance the risk framework processes and systems, with particular regard to increasing efficiency and effectiveness of the issues and actions resolution and risk event management process.
- Produce regular report of the company's Risk data for clients, business users, committees and Lloyds Banking Group/Division which are accurate, co-ordinated, and distributed in a timely fashion.
Key Capabilities/ Knowledge:
- Good understanding of the elements of a risk framework and their relationship.
- An understanding of the operational processes within asset management and the environment within which the industry operates.
- Working knowledge of the UK and oversees regulatory environment.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good communication, report writing and presentation skills.
- Innovative, impartial and balanced problem solver.
- Tactful, with developed influencing and negotiating skills.
- Pro-active with internal clients and senior management and responsive to their needs.
- A high degree of numeracy is essential to this role.
- Good knowledge of MS Excel is essential.
- Knowledge of MS Access would be useful but is not essential.
to view the employer's profile and apply
If you are already registered