This is a client facing role that would suit a highly numerate individual with some experience of wind analysis, wind flow modelling and renewable energy technologies. The successful candidate will be undertaking analysis of proposed and operational wind farms. In addition, they will be expected to manage projects and supervise and mentor other analysts in the team.
The ability to retrieve and manipulate large datasets using relational database tools, and to interpret and report upon the results in a productive and insightful way, is sought.
- Degree in a highly numerate discipline (e.g. physics, mathematics, engineering).
- Experience of wind analysis techniques.
- Familiarity with wind flow models such as WAsP, Windpro and/or CFD packages.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Flexible and proactive approach is required to thrive in this busy team.
- Post-graduate qualification in a highly numerate discipline.
- Familiarity with MS Access, VBA and Matlab.
- Previous project management experience.
- A good knowledge of the wind industry.
The company is growing rapidly and offers excellent long-term career prospects.
Hours: 37 hours per week. Occasional evenings to attend meetings.
Holidays: 23 days and 9 public holidays.
Contract: Permanent after 3 month probationary period.
Training: Active encouragement of personal and professional development.
Equal opportunities: We follow an equal opportunities policy.
Salary: Negotiable - dependent upon experience.
Location: Glasgow but travel as required.
To apply please write enclosing full CV and covering letter.
Closing date for applications Friday 27th July 2012
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by telephone or email.
We will not use Agency support to fill this role.
to view the employer's profile and apply
If you are already registered