TalentScotland is a talent attraction project that showcases Scotland as an outstanding destination to live, work and study.
- Scottish lifestyle information
- Visa and immigration advice
- Information on industries, employers and job vacancies in Scotland
- Graduate placements
There are three main departments within TalentScotland, each with a different remit.
TalentScotland Jobs and Employers
Managed by Scottish Development International, we promote the latest jobs available to internationally based professionals, information on employers in Scotland and overviews of the four industry sectors within our remit:
- Life Sciences
- Financial Services
This department is also responsible for interviews with international professionals who have made the move to Scotland already as well as information on the Scottish lifestyle.
Note: We signpost job vacancies, but do not offer a matching service like recruitment agencies. The individual must approach the company or agency direct if they are interested in applying for a position.
Visa and immigration advice
We offer advice to both individuals with definite job offers and employers with questions relating to visas, immigration, relocation and other aspects of moving, or bringing employees, to Scotland from abroad.
The TalentScotland Graduate Placement Programme
Managed by Scottish Enterprise, it is designed to help Scottish businesses improve operating efficiency and increase profitability and competitiveness as well as give companies access to the skills and knowledge of Scotland's finest graduates. The programme also gives graduates valuable experience working with Scotland's innovative and forward thinking employers.
How do we communicate?
- TalentScotland website
- Monthly email newsletters
- Job alerts emailed to subscribers based on their experience
- Attending international events relevant to the four key sectors
- Delivering speeches and talks to employers across Scotland
- The TalentScotland magazine distributed at events locally and globally and available online
- Social media including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
History of TalentScotland
TalentScotland was launched in 2001 and was initially aimed at the electronics sector only. Over time the project was expanded to include energy, financial services and life sciences.