The Underwater Centre, a commercial diving and ROV pilot technician training school, located on the shores of Loch Linnhe, are recruiting for an Engineering Technician. The successful graduate will work on a 12 month project which will involve growing the subsea trials business by providing a higher quality and range of service to existing and new customers.
This role will provide excellent opportunities for career progression into subsea industries.
The graduate will bring new skills and ideas to develop, enhance and consolidate the pier and equipment procedures, including a newly installed planned maintenance system.
In accordance with our group Mission Statement, this project will help improve the Dive Support Team’s skills and knowledge base, leading to improved engineering processes being developed, and a higher quality service being offered both to the individual customer’s and client companies’ experience here at TUC.
Duties of the role will include:
• Lead in the compilation of a fixed asset register and emergency evacuation procedure for the air diving barge
• Improve the Health and Safety for those working with marine equipment
• Develop, enhance and consolidate pier and equipment procedures, including the newly installed planned maintenance system. Produce staff manual
• Investigate equipment defects and report accordingly
• Participate in the companies training programme as a Graduate Engineering Technician
• Train to become an Engineering Technician
• Learn to play a key role in the mooring and movement of barges and boats for ROV, diving and sea trials operations
• Carry out maintenance tasks as directed, and within your competence skill set under the supervision of a senior dive technician
• Participate in all external training as required by The Underwater Centre.
• Carry out necessary tasks in relation to the mooring and movement of barges and boats.
• Assist in the keeping of records, PMS and Design and up keep of the lifting register.
• Manage and keep up your competency in Diving Equipment Inspection and Repair.
• Maintain the cleanliness and tidiness of the pier, workshop and all diving equipment.
• Undertake boat handling training.
• Undertake any task, within your skill set, from the work schedule (PMS and Design) under supervision of line manager.
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
Skills / Experience
• Educated to degree or diploma standard in engineering
• Background of electronics, physics or chemistry
• Experience of working in a team
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Driving licence
• Boat handling experience of some kind
As part of this TalentScotland Graduate Placement Programme, the candidate will benefit from support from a team within Highlands and Islands Enterprise and also access a four day residential course training focussed on employability and business skills.
to view the employer's profile and apply
If you are already registered