Sponsorship and recruitment

As an employer in Scotland who wishes to hire a migrant worker, you will need to apply for and obtain a sponsor licence to become a Home Office registered sponsor.

The Sponsorship Management System is an online portal where you can carry out most of the activities associated with being a sponsor, including requesting and issuing Certificates of Sponsorship.

To ensure you can recruit a migrant worker in a specific role, you must ensure that the role meets the minimum skills and salary requirements and is eligible for sponsorship.