If you or your employee is a recognised leader (exceptional talent) or emerging leader (exceptional promise) in your field, you may be eligible for an exceptional talent visa.
This visa is available for exceptional talent in the fields of science, humanities, engineering, medicine, digital technology or the arts. This type of visa is not needed for EEA and Swiss citizens who may be considered “exceptional talent or promise”.
To qualify for this visa, you or your employee must be endorsed by one of the following bodies:
- Tech City UK – for digital technology applications
- The Royal Academy of Engineering – for engineering applications
- The British Academy – for humanities and social science applications
- The Royal Society – for natural sciences and medical science research applications
- Arts Council England – for arts and culture applications;
Each endorsing body has their own published guidance and criteria, outlining the types of candidates they are willing to endorse under this category.