The next TalentScotland workshops for obtaining and maintaining a sponsor licence will be held in Edinburgh, Dundee and Glasgow during the month of September 2018.
The obtaining a sponsor licence session will provide an overview of the application process, as well as helpful guidance on the information required for applying, and on the supporting documentation necessary, including:
- The process of applying for a sponsor licence.
- Documentation required for a successful application.
- An overview of the standard occupational codes and salary levels.
- Guidance on Home Office processing times and costs.
- The resident labour market test and when it applies.
- Internal systems and roles which the Home Office require in place for sponsorship.
- Guidance on the next steps after sponsor licence is obtained.
The maintaining a sponsor licence session will provide information on employer sponsor licence responsibilities, tips on ensuring compliance, issues which can arise during the term of the licence and how to deal with them, and an overview of the Home Office's powers regarding revocation and penalties, as well as the following issues:
- Duties on level 1 and level 2 users and other key personnel.
- Guidance on duration of sponsorship and the renewal process.
- Applying for an increase to the allocated number of certificates of sponsorship.
- Home Office audit process.
- The consequences of non-compliance and the effect of a B rating.
- Withdrawal of a sponsor licence.
For more information on the workshops and how to register, please visit here