Do you employ international staff from outwith the EEA?
Do you hold a Tier 2 sponsor licence?
Do you fully understand your compliance duties?
Are you prepared for changes to the visa rules?
Would you know what to do in the event of a Home Office audit?
Who should attend?
Employers who sponsor international staff. The workshop would suit those already involved in the Tier 2 system as existing Level 1 users or Authorising Officers.
The workshop will cover a variety of common issues and will provide a more in depth understanding for employers to ensure they are meeting their sponsorship obligations and are able to retain existing non-EEA staff.
Amongst other things, it will cover:
- UKVI/Home Office sponsorship obligations
- Guidance on duration of sponsorship and the renewal process
- Appropriate salary thresholds
- Notifying changes in circumstances and promotions
- Best practice for complying with your sponsorship duties
- Being prepared for unannounced Home Office audits
The workshops will be led by Jamie Kerr and Nikki Weir, immigration specialists at Burness Paull. Jamie and Nikki have extensive experience advising on UK immigration law and have particular expertise in the business immigration rules.
Retention of International Staff workshop series:
- Edinburgh –: 10th March 2020 – 11:00-13:00
- Glasgow –: 11th March 2020 – 13:00-15:00
How to book
Admission is free
To book for the event click above for the appropriate location.