The new webpage brings together key links, a new podcast and guidance for employers hiring from the EU from 1 January 2021.
The new webpage which summarises the materials available can be found here. The webpage includes the following:
- A podcast by the Home Office and Intelligence Squared to assist businesses in preparing for the points based system.
- A summary of the process for becoming a sponsor under the new regime and a link to the guidance on becoming a sponsor.
- A summary of who can be hired by a sponsor and a link to the guidance on who sponsors can hire under the new regime.
- Links to the application process for the EU Settlement Scheme whereby EU citizens and their family members living in the UK by 31 December 2020 must apply by 30 June 2021 to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.
- Links to the employer guide on the new immigration system.
- Links to the full sponsorship guidance.
- Links to the Government's webpage for businesses and how they could be affected when the Brexit transition period ends on 31 December 2020.