Your Assignments Should You Choose To Accept Them:
To support our business growth we require a self-motivated embedded software engineer to drive and implement innovative products for our customers, drawn from industries as diverse as: Smart Metering, Oil & Gas, Life and Medical Sciences, Assistive Technologies and Defence. This is a high-profile, prestigious opportunity for you to show off your talent in a fast-paced technical environment with lots of variety.
Essential Technical skills:
- 5+ years experience of developing embedded / real-time systems.
- Strong C/C++ skills gained in a commercial environment.
- Development of high quality code and adherence to best coding practices.
- Ability to interpret datasheets, protocol documents, design specifications.
- Software problem-solving and bug-fixing.
- 16 and 32bit microcontrollers (eg PIC, MSP430, AVR, ARM Cortex, Blackfin).
- Standard busses and protocols (eg RS232, I2C, I2S, CAN, SPI).
You Must Be Human and:
- Enjoy problem solving and working in a fast-paced technical environment.
- Work best in a team environment.
- Possess strong communication skills; both internal and customer facing.
- Use and understand appropriate methodologies to design build and test complex systems.
- Create customer-readable documentation, test results and reports.
- Regularly investigate, develop and integrate new techniques, processes & tools.
- Have a good understanding of general IT skills and responsibilities.
An ability to leap tall buildings when necessary is a plus, as are these bonus skills:
- Smart Metering experience.
- DSP algorithm development.
- Assembly language.
- Linux kernel porting / driver development / Windows development.
- RTOS experience (eg FreeRTOS, VxWorks, ThreadX).
- Windows/Mobile background
- Video or still image capture and processing.
- Peer review, estimation.
- True interest in software development and investigating cutting edge technology
We have been delivering design solutions for more than a decade, including proof of concept or prototype to full production. We know our stuff and you should too. What you’ll get for your talent and effort is a like-minded team focused on professional and personal success. Kick it up. Give us a call.