The vibrancy, variety of opportunities coupled with an excellent quality of life Scotland offers makes it the perfect place to expand your career. In fact, banking is a major employer in Scotland, boasting a workforce of over 45,500.
The range of jobs in Scotland is widespread. If you’re skilled in finance, auditing, risk and compliance, legal or technology, Scotland’s banking industry needs your talents. You can also use your expertise in corporate finance, relationship or project management, human resources and even marketing.
Work for the brightest and best in banking
In Scotland you can work for some of the world’s largest banks, including:
- Clydesdale Bank (part of National Australia Banking Group)
- Lloyds Banking Group (including the Bank of Scotland)
- Tesco Bank
- The Royal Bank of Scotland
- Virgin Money
- Trustee Savings Bank
A network of opportunity
In Scotland you’ll have access to an extensive network of academic and professional support. Some of our professional bodies in banking include:
- The Chartered Institute of Bankers in Scotland
- British Bankers Association
- The Committee of Scottish Bankers
Scotland’s academic institutions actively work and collaborate with industry and there are a number of key initiatives to support the sector and encourage collaboration with industry:
- The Scottish Financial Risk Academy:
- The Financial and Actuarial Modelling Edinburgh (FRAME)
- The Centre for Financial Markets Research (CFMR)
Develop your banking career
Whether you’re providing advice, customer services or using your skills in operations and technology, in Scotland you’ll work in unique and exciting areas, defining and developing your career along the way.