Today the Scottish Investment Management sector manages funds totalling £800 billion on behalf of clients around the world.
In recent years investment management has enjoyed robust growth in Scotland, including an influx of boutique and start-ups now headquartered here. Over 3,300 people work in this area.
With numerous exciting prospects, Scotland offers you interesting career prospects and a high quality lifestyle like no other. Here you can work in some of the world’s largest investment management companies like:
- Aberdeen Asset Management Plc
- KAMES Capital
- Baillie Gifford & Co
- First State Investments
- Scottish Widows Investment Partnership
- Standard Life Investments
- Brewin Dolphin
- Ignis Asset Management
- Franklin Templeton
- Walter Scott and Partners
- Smith & Williamson
Excelling in investment management
As the UK’s largest financial services centre outside of London and an established global investment management centre, we boast a number of key strengths in investment management.
Emerging market funds, investment
trusts and global equity are just some of the areas we’re experienced and excelling in. Other strong points you could be a part of include:
- OEICs (Open-Ended Investment Companies)
- Unit trusts
- Global fixed income
- Money market funds
- Venture capital
- Property funds
- Specialist equity and bond funds
A network of opportunity
Scotland is leading the market in financial services innovation – not just in products and services, but also in education and training. This means you can continually enhance your knowledge and expertise. Some of the areas of development include:
- Glasgow Caledonian University’ specialist course in accountancy, finance and risk management.
- The Centre for Financial Markets Research and the Credit Research Centre at the University of Edinburgh
- Diploma in Investment Accounting - Scottish Investment Operations (SIO) developed it to fill skills requirements in the investment industry. It is backed by the Chartered Institute.
Watch your career flourish
From investment trusts to emerging markets, Scotland offers an exciting and stimulating environment to enhance your investment management career with new skills and experiences.