Build your career:
The digital technologies industry is truly global, serving markets around the world. Sophisticated cyber security systems, cloud computing and big data analytics are just a few areas where Scotland is leading the way in technology, data and AI.
Long recognised for its excellence in innovation, today Scotland presents boundless opportunities for tech professionals with a variety of skills. The industry has a highly skilled workforce but there is a continual need for highly talented people with a wide range of skills to join the growing businesses across a range of sectors ranging from finance and energy to space, engineering and health sciences. Explore opportunities in coding, machine learning, informatics, data science, software development and more.
Major technology companies originating from Scotland include Skyscanner (travel search), FanDuel (e-sports), FNZ (wrap platforms), and Rockstar North (developer of the record-breaking Grand Theft Auto game franchise and many other successful games).
What’s more, Scotland offers an outstanding quality of life in a truly memorable location. Enjoy stunning scenery, cosmopolitan cities and rich culture when you base yourself in our welcoming, friendly communities.
Learn more about careers in:
Technology jobs in Scotland
Whether you’re keen to work for an ambitious local start-up or a renowned global tech firm, there’s an abundance of tech jobs available in various fields. Search for jobs
Edinburgh: Discover Scotland’s digital capital
Glasgow: Home to a buzzing tech and software scene
Employer spotlights: meet the companies thriving in Scotland
- Stephen Flaherty, Managing Director, J.P. Morgan Glasgow Technology Centre
- Graeme Smith, Managing Director, Amazon Development Centre
- Andrew Phillips, Director of Engineering, Skyscanner
- Robin Irwin, Managing Director for Northern Europe, Konrad Technologies
- David Hunter, Founder and CEO, Shot Scope Technologies
- Sara Dodd, Head of Curriculum & Accreditation, Codeclan
- Gerry Docherty, Chief Executive, Smarter Grid Solutions
- Gordon Stein, VP Technology and Data, Morgan Stanley
View all tech and data companies
Scotland works for me
Hear from people who have made the move to Scotland and see how they’ve built exceptional careers with a brilliant lifestyle. View more
Scottish cities: not just places to work, but destinations to experience. Explore our cities and regions