In Scotland, innovation is king
In the past decade, Scotland’s medtech companies have launched global health innovations including:
- The first scanning laser ophthalmoscope to provide enhanced clinical information to detect diseases of the retina - Optos
- A novel imaging system for the non-invasive in-vivo detection of cancerous and pre-cancerous lesions. – DySIS Medical
- The world’s first commercially available multi-articulated prosthetic hand – Touch Bionics
- A portable unit to treat non-melanoma skin cancer using photodynamic therapy – Ambicare
- The world's first handheld video-enabled laryngoscope to facilitate intubations – Aircraft Medical
- Point of care investigations using capsule endoscopy to avoid long patient journeys - Corporate Health International
Develop your career in Scotland
Develop your career in exciting areas of medical technology and use your skills in some of the world’s top academic and industry organisations.
Search for jobs in Scotland.