Checking your qualifications

You’re a talented professional with the academic credentials to back up your skills. If you’ve studied outside the UK, check with the UK National Academic Recognition Information Centre to ensure your qualifications are accepted in Scotland.

A with felt tip pen

The National Academic Recognition Information Centre for the United Kingdom (UK NARIC) can compare your international qualifications with UK academic qualifications.

After making an evaluation, they can provide a letter of comparability that identifies the UK equivalents of your qualifications. Note that the NARIC can only provide assessment statements for qualifications you have fully completed.

The letter of comparability will helps potential employers in Scotland make an informed decision about whether your qualifications are appropriate for the job you’re applying for.

How to apply

You can apply online and send the supporting documents to the NARIC in the UK. You will also need to pay a processing fee. Information about NARIC’s services, fees and processing times is provided on their website.