Main Content Skip To Link
TalentScotland Employers

Need to look beyond
Scotland for key skills? TalentScotland can help.

Immigration and Visa Support

Employment law

Preventing illegal working

As an employer in Scotland you are legally required to prevent illegal working and must check a person’s eligibility to work in the United Kingdom (UK) before you employ them.

Find out more about Preventing illegal working ivss
British Passport

Who has the right to work in Scotland

As an employer it is important that the person you hire has the legal right to work in the UK and the appropriate documentation and/or visa to prove their eligibility.

Find out more about Who has the right to work ivss
EEA Passport

Sponsorship and recruitment

As an employer in Scotland who wishes to hire a migrant worker, you will need to apply for and obtain a sponsor licence to become a Home Office registered sponsor.

Find out more about Sponsorship and recruitment ivss
Immigration frequently asked questions


This FAQ is an overview of commonly asked immigration questions on Skilled Worker and Graduate Route but is not a substitute for legal advice.

Find out more about FAQ's for employers

Unsupported Browser

This browser isn't supported by our website. Please use an alternative browser.