Venue: Scottish Enterprise, Apex House, 99 Haymarket Terrace, Edinburgh, EH12 5HD
Time: Tuesday 11 September 2018, 13:30-15:30
Who should attend?
This is an opportunity for employers to learn about maintaining their UK Home Office sponsorship licence, in order to continue employing staff under the Tier 2 (General) and Tier 2 (ICT) immigration routes.
The session will provide information to employers on sponsorship licence responsibilities, tips on ensuring compliance, issues which can arise during the term of the licence and how to deal with them, and an overview of the Home Office's powers regarding audits, revocation and penalties, as well as the following issues:
- Duties of level 1 and 2 users and other key personnel
- Guidance on duration of sponsorship and the renewal process
- Applying for an increase to the allocated number of certificates of sponsorship
- Home Office audit processes
- The consequences of non-compliance and the effect of a B rating
- Withdrawal of a sponsorship licence
- Best practice for complying with your sponsorship duties
Thorntons Law are TalentScotland’s immigration law specialists. The session will be led by Jamie Kerr, a partner at Thorntons Law. Jamie has a number of years of experience advising on UK immigration law and has a particular expertise in the business immigration rules.
How to book
Book you place here.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further information