We have over 30,000 technologists who keep our 7,200+ applications, 32 data centers, 58,000 servers, 300,000 desktops and global networks operating smoothly for all our employees and clients. Apart from our global offices, we have deep partnerships with technology companies which help us keep a pulse on technology innovations.
European Technology Centre, Glasgow
Glasgow has been home to J.P. Morgan's award winning Technology Centre since 1999. With more than 1200 technologists supporting and designing global systems, the centre is one of the largest IT employers in Scotland. Our employees design and develop complex financial software and technology systems to support J.P. Morgan's financial services operations around the world. Spanning a wealth of technologies and platforms (e.g., Java, Python, SQL, .Net, open source), innovation and enterprise are standard.
Why work for J.P.Morgan in Glasgow
- We are not just a bank we are the strategic technology hub for EMEA.
- Work in a highly collaborative, culturally diverse environment where innovation is encouraged.
- Work alongside high calibre colleagues who are also passionate about technology.
- We continuously support the development of our staff with programs specifically geared towards developing your technical career path.
- We actively support our local community, offering various opportunities to get involved in coaching and mentoring at Universities, Schools and with key charitable organisations.
- Great central location, positioned well for transport links including Glasgow Airport.
- Plenty of opportunities to network and make new connections - Join one of our social clubs e.g. golf, football, cricket, kayaking or get competitive at our quiz nights and competitions throughout the year.
- Exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
- Contribute locally, impact globally.
Stephen Flaherty, Managing Director and Site Lead says,
“When I talk about why we chose to locate in Glasgow, I usually say three reasons; Talent, talent and talent. We have some extraordinarily talented individuals based here who are now considered global leaders”.
Will Innes, Vice President of HR, Scotland says,
“The size and scale of the firm is huge – and with that comes long term career opportunities. Our Technology teams in Scotland deliver cutting edge developments and support to the entire organisation and it’s exciting to become part of that team”.
Ross Brown, Executive Director who relocated from New York back to Glasgow to head up the Private Bank expansion says,
“The opportunity to relocate to such a vibrant and dynamic technology location like Glasgow was irresistible. Across the global technology organization, there is a strong appreciation around the talent pool, innovation and energy the location provides. Across 2014/2015, the Private Bank technology footprint in Glasgow has grown by over 120 full time positions, building out end to end delivery teams who are working on global agendas”
J.P.Morgan is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management and private equity. It serves many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients. The global investment bank, J.P. Morgan operates in over 100 countries with one of the most comprehensive global product platforms available.