Continued pressure to reduce energy usage and the cost of energy at home and work, has resulted in the development of many unique innovations. Not the least of these is a high power heat battery from Sunamp that is between 4 and 16 times smaller than hot water thermal stores, and delivers space heating and hot water on-demand.
Sunamp was formed to respond to the need for low to zero-carbon heating, cooling and hot water systems in both domestic and commercial Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) applications. The Sunamp patented high power heat battery has many benefits:
- Stack to fit any space and are fully configurable, upgradeable and super-compact.
- Ideal for storing heat from heat pumps, solar thermal, biomass boilers, conventional boilers and combined heat and power.
- Cost-efficient, being priced to compete with hot water thermal store-based systems and reduces the cost of operation below current systems.
- More responsive than hot water thermal stores, deliver hot water more quickly to the tap and respond quickly to a heating system’s ‘call for heat’.
- As a result, these high efficiency heat energy stores can deliver considerable energy savings in both domestic and commercial environments.
Sunamp is currently providing systems using its Heat Batteries to trial customers and major own-equipment-manufacturers for evaluation including companies based in the US.